Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Leap Of Faith

The edge.
That is where is stood.
Eighty-three feet above the ground.
“Don’t look down”, the instructor said.
But I had already looked down.
Stones. All I could see is depth and stones.
I was scared.
Somehow, I was the first in my group to jump.  A pioneer of sorts.  Hahaha. Lucky me.
“We won’t push you. You have to jump yourself “, was what they had told.
This wasn’t going to be easy.
“Smile at the camera”, he says.
Dude, I am literally shaking out of fear and you want me to smile?
I had not even dived into a swimming pool from the edge before. Always climbed down.
“Just look straight and when I finish the countdown, don’t think. Just jump”, he says.
I had taken a deep breath. I was ready. Or was I?
My heart was thumping heavily.
Some motivational Bollywood song was playing in the background.
Zillion thoughts were racing in my mind.
“3……2……1...Bungee
The mind went numb. I could not hear the music anymore.
I could not even hear me heartbeats.
This is happening.
Arms out.
Adrenaline rush. Trust. Madness.



The rain drop had left the cloud.
The journey had begun. The leap of faith.
I was floating. I was flying. I was screaming. It was thrilling. I was dizzy. It was crazy.
I was ripping through the air. Till date it was the wind that ripped through my hair.
There was gravity. And boy, it had tremendous strength.
Mid-air, as I was going down I thought “Should I stop and go back”
Mind is mental.
There was one rope between life and death, tied to my waist. Safety Harness they called it. The only thing that was going to get me back alive.
But I had not reached its end.
I was there. Detached from secure platform. Detached from earth.
I was a feather. A dried leaf that had just fallen from the tree.
I was ecstatic. And then there was peace. Silence. Bliss.
There was nothing.

And then that pull came. A gentle pull. The elastic rope had stretched its limits and now was recoiling. The blood is rushing into your head.

I was going up. Against gravity.
I knew I was safe. I screamed again. This time in joy.
WOHOOOOOOOOO
Flying at around fifty feet above ground was a different kind of high.
And then I went down again. And up and down.
I was a swing
A pendulum.
Time had stopped.
The jump was done.
The fears conquered.



 Place : Rishikesh
You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTCCPlR4Dj4

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully articulated, could literally feel how it would be to take that jump

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how can I ever forget the one and only :)
    Btw you have articulated the jump so nicely I am thinking whether to take add it in my crazy list

    ReplyDelete